Russian Demantoid, Garnet, 3.26 CT
Demantoid means “diamond-like” in Dutch, and we couldn’t agree more. This incredibly rare intense-green gem, from the historic source of Russia’s Ural Mountains, has a much higher dispersion than diamond (separation of white light into spectral colors), so its “rainbow flashes” are even more noticeable! This demantoid also has a characteristic “horse-tail” inclusion—a charming wisp of golden fiber—perfectly centered in the middle of the stone, conveniently hiding above the culet. Rarely available above two carats, demantoid in this quality and weight is a prized collector’s stone.
This demantoid is certified as natural andradite garnet from Russia, specifically Ural Mountains, with no enhancement by the American Gemological Laboratories. AGL Report No. 1108762.
- 7 Day Return Policy
- Payment Through Invoice
- Insured Shipping
- GIA Certified Diamonds
- AGL or SSEF Certified Colored Gems
- Updated Certificate Guaranteed
- Natural Gems Only (No Heat Treatments or Synthetic Fillers of Any Kind)
- None of our Photos have been Retouched
- All of our Treasures can be verified by an Accredited Gemologist or Appraiser